St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999, Tri Delta established a national partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
Quick St. Jude Facts:
* No child is ever denied treatment because of the family's inability to pay.
* Families never receive a bill, regardless of their ability to pay.
* St. Jude has 19 partner sites in 14 countries.
* 175 countries have benefited from Cure4Kids.org
* It costs $1.7 million a day to run St. Jude.
* 75% of this money comes from public donations.
* 81 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to research and treatment.
* The overall survival rate for all childhood cancers is now 80%.
* Survival rate for ALL (The most common type of childhood cancer) has risen from 4% to 94% today.